I ran across another site that had this – – thought it was really cool – – and figured I would share. I will probably also have Boo do this – – will talk with her about it tomorrow.
888 Book Challenge
Tuesday, December 30, 2008
1. Challenge runs from January 1 through December 31, 2008.2. Choose 8 categories of your own that you would like to read 8 books EACH in.3. You will be allowed 8 overlaps, for a total of 56 unique book titles.4. You may overlap these 56 titles with any other challenge.
5. You may change your list or your categories at any time.
6. Post a comment here that you are participating, and I will add a link to the sidebar. Request an invite including your e-mail address if you want to post your list to this blog. However, we will NOT be writing reviews here! You may update your lists by providing the link to books read. Please use your name as a label, along with the book categories you’re reading from.
7. Check back here to see who is participating and cheer others on.
8. Participants who complete all 56 books will be in the running for in-stock books from paperbackswap.com. (I have mucho credits.) Overseas is okay!
9. Have fun reading!
1) Physician Heal, Thyself (Self-Help, Self-Improvement, Spiritual)
1) Grief Recovery handbook – – Finished 1/24/20082) Older than Dirt (Classic’s, Western, Historical Era Setting, etc.)
1) Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll – – Finished 1/18/20083) For my Inner Child (Juvenile, children’s, young adult, etc.)
4) Walk in their Moccasins (memoirs, biography, autobiography, etc.)
1) Lucky by Alice Sebold – – Finished 1/26/20085) Play it again, Sam (Books I have already read…and want to read again!)
6) Tear Jerkers (any book that can make me cry)
1) Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom – – Finished 2/2/20087) What the Heck??? (Books that are not in my comfort zone, i.e.: Poetry, Vampires, Westerns, etc.)8) New to Me (Authors I have never read before) **Obviously the list is not complete…I will keep updating this list until it is done. Don’t forget the wonderful bookswap resources out there: www.bookmooch.com, www.whatsonmybookshelf.com, www.frugalreader.com, and www.paperbackswap.com. (If you know of others, leave me a note and let me know!! : ) Thanks.)
Read Full Post »